image credit: law&crime

A Tennessee man is facing multiple charges after police say he tried to run over the mother of his child while she was holding their 1-year-old in a McDonald’s drive-thru lane.

Shai Wise, 22, has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault, one count of domestic assault and one count of reckless driving, according to the Memphis Police Department.

The incident happened earlier this week at the McDonald’s on Winchester Road in the Hickory Hill neighborhood of Memphis.

Police were called to the fast-food restaurant after receiving a report of a domestic incident, according to an affidavit obtained by WHBQ. Officers said Wise allegedly tried to run over the victim while she was holding their 1-year-old child.

Witnesses told law enforcement that the driver tried to hit the woman twice.

According to the charging document, the woman said Wise first tried to attack her while they were together in the car in the drive-thru lane. She then got out of the vehicle with their toddler.

That is when Wise allegedly tried to use the car as a weapon.

Witnesses also told police that Wise drove erratically through the McDonald’s parking lot after the confrontation, according to law enforcement.

After the incident, Wise allegedly led police on a high-speed chase through the surrounding neighborhood. Police said he was speeding and weaving through traffic before officers eventually stopped him after he turned east off nearby Ridgeway Road.

When officers pulled Wise over, they realized he was not alone. According to the affidavit, an 11-year-old child was still inside the vehicle during the chase.

Police allege Wise placed multiple children at risk during the incident.

One woman at the McDonald’s parking lot told WHBQ she was frustrated, but not shocked, by the violence.

“It’s sad, you know, and it’s crazy how people can just do that to kids,” she told the station. “It’s typical out here in Memphis, it’s really nothing new, and I hate that that type of stuff happens out here.”

Wise was arrested Wednesday and given a $10,000 bond, according to Shelby County Sheriff’s Office records. The bond was posted later that same day, and he was released from jail Thursday.

He is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 17.

5 thoughts on “Man Arrested After Trying to Run Over Woman Holding His Baby in McDonald’s Drive-Thru”
  1. $10,000 bond for attempted murder? He made bond at once. Good luck seeing him again for that sum.

    1. Amazing isn’t it. It seems that they, generally speaking, have a short fuse and then the only way they seem to act is with severe violence.

Leave a Reply