A 53-year-old man was arrested this week for allegedly attacking a woman so badly he broke her back, then barricading himself in his house for an hour.

On Sept. 25 at 11:19 p.m., East Lampeter Township Police officers were called to the 100 block of Crest Avenue regarding a disturbance and tried to communicate with the people involved.

A male suspect reportedly fired two shots at police, then went inside. Several other law enforcement agencies, including the Pennsylvania State Police and Lancaster County Special Emergency Response Team (SERT), arrived at the scene to assist.

Officials made contact with the man inside, Scott Golicher, and spoke with him via telephone. He eventually came out at 12:53 a.m. and police took him into custody.

East Lampeter Township Police said he was taken to a hospital for evaluation but was later released.

Police found a handgun at the scene, but they did not exchange shots with Golicher and no one was injured.

He was arrested on one count each of aggravated assault, strangulation, terroristic threats, two counts of simple assault, and five counts of recklessly endangering another person.

According to the affidavit cited by Penn Live, Golicher allegedly became angry with a female victim and started hitting her outside his home on Crest Avenue.

He reportedly beat her with a bicycle, causing her fall, then attacking her with a fish tank. Golicher also allegedly punched the woman and bit her finger.

The affidavit alleges Golicher “placed his hands around her neck and squeezed until she saw stars and believed she was going to pass out.”

The victim reportedly sustained head wounds and had marks around her neck. Medics transported her to Lancaster General Hospital, and doctors determined several bones in her back were broken.

Penn Live reports a second victim told police she attempted to stop the beating, but then Golicher allegedly hit her with a paddle. A 6-year-old boy sustained injuries due to being pushed into a doorframe.

Golicher was reportedly under the influence of alcohol when the events occurred.

Court records show he is being held without bail.

Original Article