A family vacation in Florida turned into a nightmare when a 13-year-old boy was randomly slashed across the throat while walking along the Daytona Beach Boardwalk.

Authorities say the terrifying attack happened around 10 p.m. Saturday night. Police responding to reports of a stabbing found the teen suffering from what they described as a severe laceration to his neck.

Paramedics rushed him to the hospital. Doctors later told the family that if the wound had been any deeper, he may not have survived.

Police arrested 44-year-old Jermaine Lynn Long in connection with the attack. He is now facing a charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and is being held without bond in the Volusia County Jail.

According to an arrest affidavit, witnesses told officers they saw a man lingering in the area before the attack. Police located Long nearby, close to Joe’s Crab Shack, and say he was carrying both a box cutter and a silver knife.

The victim, identified as Sullivan “Sully” Clarke, said he never saw the attack coming.

“He did not realize he had been cut until other people on scene informed him,” officers wrote in the report.

Sully later told a local TV station that he had been walking with his family after spending the day at the Daytona 500 when it happened. He was looking at his phone when he suddenly felt something.

“The crazy thing is I turned at the perfect time,” Sully said, explaining that the movement likely saved his life. The blade struck the side of his neck instead of directly across his throat.

His mother initially feared it was a robbery attempt, but police say there was no indication the suspect tried to steal anything.

“As soon as we realized what happened, I could see his neck gashed right open,” his father, Jerod Clarke, said. “I could see all the way down to the meat.”

After being read his rights, Long allegedly admitted to putting his hands on the teen but denied cutting him. He then requested an attorney, and questioning stopped.

The motive remains unclear.

For the Clarke family, what was supposed to be a fun evening on the boardwalk ended in a life-threatening emergency no one saw coming.

Long’s next court appearance is scheduled for March 10.

3 thoughts on “13-Year-Old Boy Lucky to Be Alive After Man Randomly Slashes Throat During Vacation”
  1. These blacks are completely mentally unstable. They should never be out in a civilized society. How in the hell are we stuck with all this trash wondering the streets?

  2. Another nut job on the loose! So now what? Do we feel sorry for him because he had a troubled childhood? Do we let him go free so he can slash someone else’s throat for no reason?! I have an idea. Put him in a room and let someone cut his throat, so he knows what it feels like!!!!

    1. Yes! And all cannot be blamed on “mental health” (so he can go free)! Some people are just mean and evil. He never needs to get out of prison.

Leave a Reply to passionate8bdb4f05e0Cancel reply