Vanesa Alejandra Mansilla, 27, was arrested after cops found the body of her daughter Milagros set in concrete in a wooden crate.

The mom told police her daughter died from a respiratory infection – confirmed by an autopsy.

Mansilla then allegedly put the little girl’s body in a nylon bag inside a wooden box before filling it with concrete. She is said to have used the crate as a bedside table for several months.

Milagros was born prematurely and bedridden for most of her life with health issues, according to reports.

Family members claimed Mansilla favoured her other two children, aged seven and three, and alleged little Milagros was often left alone in unsanitary conditions.

When quizzed by cops, the mum said she was “scared” after her daughter died and didn’t know what to do. She also reportedly lied to family members, including the girl’s dad, about her daughter’s whereabouts.

Police launched an investigation after Milagros’ dad filed a complaint in October.

The girl’s body was eventually found at her mom’s house in San Andrés, Buenos Aires, Argentina, on November 28.

A police spokesperson said: “She used the box with the body as bedside table in her bedroom. She was a young girl who was born prematurely, who had multiple pre-existing conditions and had a tracheotomy and a nasogastric tube.”

“[Vanesa] said everything happened one afternoon.

“After bathing her three children, she went to take a nap and when she woke up, she went to see the girl and she had already passed away. She said that she had a runny nose and drool on her mouth, that she choked.”

Prosecutor Daniel Cangelosi said: “So far, there is no record of previous complaints of gender violence.”

According to family members, the last time they saw the little girl alive was on July 30 for the birthday of one of her siblings.

Mansilla’s other two children are now in the temporary care of their maternal grandmother.

An autopsy confirmed the girl died from a respiratory illness – but couldn’t established when she had passed away.

The authorities are still waiting for an analysis of a mattress found with blood marks.

The mom is currently being held in police custody as the investigation continues.

Original Article