The Queens man who allegedly ran down his estranged spouse with an SUV — and then stabbed her — called the cops himself and told them, “I think I killed my wife,” prosecutors said in court Wednesday.

When officers arrived on Parsons Boulevard early Tuesday, Stephen Giraldo, 36, allegedly told them, “I hit my wife — arrest me.”

An 11-year MTA employee, Giraldo wore a white Tyvek jumpsuit and a face mask when he made his first appearance before Judge Scott Dunn in Queens Criminal Court.

He kept his bald head down as Assistant District Attorney Audra Beerman told the judge that the couple’s three children were in the car during the ordeal, with the oldest, 11-year-old Stephen, sitting in the front seat.

Moments before Giraldo allegedly struck his wife, he told the kids, “Everyone keep your seatbelts on,” Beerman said.

Giraldo, a Queens resident who works as a bus driver, had parked across the street from her Flushing home and called their mom — 41-year-old Sophia Giraldo — and told her to come down.

When she approached the car, he sped up and hit her so hard, she flew over the fence, Beerman said.

His white Ford Explorer then struck a wrought-iron fence and fell onto the driver’s side.

The deranged dad then climbed over his son, crawled out the passenger window, walked to where Sophia was lying, and stabbed her twice beneath the right breast, Beerman said.

He ditched the knife on the side of the house, where police later found it.

He stayed at the scene until the cops arrived, which is when he allegedly confessed to the brutal attack.

Sophia — a life coach and domestic abuse survivor — remains in critical condition, prosecutors said. She suffered severe neurological damage, as well as broken bones in her leg and a stab wound that punctured her liver.

She may be severely neurologically incapacitated if she pulls through, Beerman said.

Friends and family are taking care of the kids, who are ages 11, 9 and 6. They were not hurt in the accident.

Authorities have charged Giraldo with attempted murder, assault, weapons possession, reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.

His attorney, Mary Beth Anderson, requested he be released on bail. But Dunn refused, instead remanding Giraldo to custody, where he is on suicide watch.

“The brutality of the attack, and the fact that it was committed in full view of the victim’s three young children, stirs heartbreak and outrage in all of us,” Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz said in a statement.

“My thoughts are with the children.”

Sophia runs a life coaching business that helps victims of domestic abuse and has described herself as a survivor of betrayal, trauma and abuse. She had filed for divorce in August, according to court records.

Just days before the attack, she spoke about what she called her toxic marriage on her podcast, “Unfiltered and Free.”

“I’ve just been thinking about my expectation and how as a result of trauma I tend to expect the negative,” Giraldo, who is currently at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital, said in the most recent episode. “I tend to expect the worst thing to happen, the worst-case scenario. You know, all those things. And I want my new year to look different.”

A group of MTA workers who showed up at the scene Tuesday described Stephen as a good guy who was going through a terrible divorce.

Stephen’s brother, Jonathan Giraldo, echoed this when he told The Post that his sibling was a good man and the podcast wasn’t accurate.

“They were working through some issues,” Jonathan said. “He was trying to work things out with her. My brother is nothing like that. He’s a gentle, sweet guy.”

Stephen Giraldo will remain suspended without pay until the investigation is over, the MTA said.

His next court date is Jan. 12.

Original Article